Win a Kidtopia Festival Experience in Parramatta, Sydney
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. This is a game of chance.
2. Entry is open to all residents of VIC, NSW, ACT and QLD who are 18 years of age or over. However, employees and their immediate families of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies are not eligible to enter
3. The competition commences on Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 9am (AEST) and concludes on Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 11:59pm (AEST).
4. The competition will be advertised on www.kidtopiafestival.com.au
5. To enter, participants must: sign up to receive the Kidtopia newsletter at www.kidtopiafestival.com.au. Entrants who sign up will automatically be entered into the draw.
6. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid
7. Entrants in the competition may enter only once per person.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the competition and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the application is not complete.
10. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday, July 17, 2016. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be deemed invalid.
11. 1 winner will receive:
- Four (family of 4: 2 Adults and 2 Children) x Qantas return economy flights to Sydney from the nearest capital city airport, up to the value of $1000. Flights will be booked according to options available to Fairfax via Qantas only. If flights are not required (i.e. if the winner is based in NSW), this element of the prize is not exchangeable for cash.
- Four passes to the Kidtopia Festival, valued up to $100. These passes are valid from October 7-9, 2016 at the Kidtopia Festival during opening hours. Rides are not included.
- Accommodation for two adults and two children in a standard room at the Holiday Inn Parramatta on October 7 and 8, 2016, inclusive of breakfast and free parking, valued at $370.
12. The prize must be taken on October 7 and 8, 2016.
13. Total value of competition $1470.
14. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash and the prize ticket must be taken as offered and cannot be sold, bartered or exchanged for cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers.
15. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner to take part in any or all aspects of the prize, if the Promoter determines, in their absolute discretion, that a winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
17. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
18. The winner's participation in the prize is deemed acceptance of Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
19. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
20. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
21. Each valid entrant who has signed up to the Kidtopia newsletter over the duration of the competition period will be entered into the competition. A winner will be randomly selected on Monday, July 18, 2016 at 1:30pm at Fairfax Media, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont 2009. The winner will be notified by email within two day of the random selection completion and published on the website www.kidtopiafestival.com.au
22. Should the winner be uncontactable and therefore the prize unclaimed, then subject to any direction given under relevant State legislation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at The Fairfax Media, 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009 on Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 2:30pm (AEST). The winner will be notified by a phone call and in writing and published on the website published on the website www.kidtopiafestival.com.au
23. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
24. The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, the prize will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry.
25. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the competition period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
26. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
28. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
29. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
30. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
31. Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
32. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
33. The entrant's personal information will be used for the purpose of determining the winner by Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the competition.
34. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and the winner’s name published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.
35. The Promoter is Fairfax Media Publications Pty Limited, (ABN: 33 003 357 720) of 1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
36. Authorised under permit number: NSW: LTPS/16/04634